Saturday, March 10, 2012

Saturday Dreams: Blue Blood Series




Last Sunday, after an art-coaching session with one of my students, I had lunch with a few friends at Hainanese Delights. We were done with lunch, coupled with a lot of chit-chat at around 2pm. But, we still wanted to talk a little bit more prior to attending mass at the Shrine. We decided to attend mass at around 5pm. What to do with the 3 hours? We were a bit too stuffed to go for coffee or milk tea right away so we decided to walk around Galleria for a little while.
One of my friends remembered that she was looking for the Blue Bloods series by Melissa de la Cruz. At that time, I was not aware that this series existed. Naturally, my curiosity  was piqued.  We went to National and best-sellers only to find that only Book 4, 5, and 6 are available. To me, having the rest of the books out of stock is one clear indication that this series is a best-seller. I got curious a wee bit more. Enough to add Blue Bloods Book 1 to the books to watch out for list.

When I went home later that day, I found out that the author grew up in Manila. Wow! Another Filipino author making their mark in the international literary scene. Now, I'm not only curious, but I'm already craving to own a copy of Book 1 of the Blue Blood series. I'm hoping that when I finally get my copy and read it, I would like it enough to buy the rest of the series.

For this, I'm embracing the value of hope and pride for Filipino excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment