Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Ultimate List

Last year, around May, I joined the Goodreads - The Filipino Club (TFG). I've noticed that most of my friends from this group are following reading lists. Up to that point, I didn't know they existed. The only list I am familiar with are the best-seller lists that bookstores display to entice us to buy the most popular books.

It was through TFG that I first heard of the 1001 Books To Read Before You Die, the Man Booker Price, Pen/Faulkner List, Pulitzer List, and National Book Awards List. This got me curious as to what other lists are out there. So, just like anyone with a computer and limited internet access, I googled for information.  Aside from the above mentioned lists, I found the Nebula Awards list, the Modern Library Top 100 list, and of course the Oprah Book Club list.

Being an avid reader of Fantasy, the Nebula list was the one that piqued my interest. But, then again, if I read only those books I just might get sick of reading fantasy and decide that it's not my favorite after all.

Since, I am reading a lot lately (As opposed to my usual 10 books or less a year), I've decided to stretch myself and go beyond what is comfortable to read. As such, books from all these lists, plus TFG's very own Top 100 books, will be added to my reading schedule.

If you are OC like me, you'd cross out the books from each list once you've read them. But somehow it's quite difficult to remember from which list the book came from if your following many lists. And you end up wasting time trying to look for the title just to cross it out. Thus, the birth of THE ULTIMATE LIST. What is it exactly? It's a compilation of the titles from all the lists I am trying to follow.

I'm dedicating a page for this. Watch out for it in the next few weeks.



Oh... Don't worry. I do not intend to read all of the books in the list. I'm not that crazy. Besides, I still want to read YA, Romance, and Non-fiction books. Plus, I do have other interests and a life apart from reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment